Need help with our mobile operator products and services?
Get instant answers to your questions!
BLACK Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the BLACK plans available for subscription?
We have several BLACK plans for you to choose from. Please refer to the table below:
2. How do I sign up for a BLACK plan?
There are a few channels for you to sign up for a BLACK plan:
d. BLACK App
e. Authorized BLACK Dealers
3. Who is eligible to register for BLACK plans?
Subscribers must be eighteen (18) years of age and above with a valid NRIC or passport to register. If you are below the age of 18 years, you can still register, but we would require parental consent from your parents.
4. Can I keep my existing number and switch to BLACK plans?
Of course, you can! Switch to BLACK plans here. If you’re an existing ONEXOX Prepaid or WAWA Prepaid Subscriber, you can upgrade to BLACK plans while keeping your number.
5. How many BLACK lines can I register?
You can register up to FIVE (5) lines under one NRIC or passport!
6. Is there an app for me to manage my account?
Yes, you can manage your account with ease on the BLACK App – available on both the App Store and Google Play Store.
7. Does BLACK have eSIM?
Yes, we do! To enjoy BLACK with eSIM, head over here for more information.
8. Is there a limit to how much quota I can carry forward?
You can carry forward up to 100GB of data. For talktime and SMS, there is no limit so you can carry forward as much as you like!
9. What does “Unlimited Calls” mean?
Unlimited Calls mean you have the freedom to chat away with all your besties! However, do take note that Unlimited Calls cannot be carried forward and it is subjected to our Terms and Conditions and Fair Usage Policy (FUP).
10. Since I already have unlimited calls, what will happen to the talktime minutes when I purchase Season Pass or Happy Hour?
It will be all yours, of course! The minutes purchased will be stored in your BLACK counter, and you may carry forward and share the minutes to your friends and family that are subscribed to XOX. Please note that Unlimited Calls cannot be carried forward or shared to other XOX Subscribers.
11. How do I check my quota balance (data, talktime, and SMS)?
You can easily check your quota balance at the following channels below:
a. SMS – Send BAL to 22111 or 23388
b. USSD Easy Menu – Dial *150#
c. BLACK App
CHANGE OF PLAN
12. How can I change my current BLACK plan to other BLACK plans?
There are a few methods for you to change your BLACK plan:
a. BLACK App – Head over to “XOX Mobile”, click on “Change Plan” under your account and proceed with the required payment.
b. XOX Self Care – Head over to the “My Profile” tab, click on “Change Plan”, and proceed with the required payment.
c. XOX Customer Service – 12273 (XOX Subscribers) or 1300 888 010 (non-XOX Subscribers).
13. How much do I need to pay if I request a change of plan?
Upon requesting for a change of plan, you will need to pay the listed amount for the plan change to be successful.
Total Amount = Amount Due* (if any) + 1 Month of Current Plan Commitment + 1 Month of Advance Payment of New Plan
*Amount Due refers to any outstanding amount not inclusive of your current plan commitment.
Please refer to the table below as an example:
14. When will my new plan start?
Your new plan will begin on the same day if the request to change plan is successful. The billing cycle date will now also be updated to 1 day earlier from the date of the successful request to change plan.
Any registration, port-in (MNP), or change of plans which fall on the 29th, 30th, or 31st of the month will be set to 28th due to the standardization of days in a month.
The previous bill cycle is on the 20th of each month. The request to change plan was requested and successful on 15th January. Hence, the new plan will now take immediate effect and the new billing cycle date is on the 14th of each month.
The previous bill cycle is on the 1st of each month. The request to change plan was requested and successful on 30th January. Hence, the new plan will now take immediate effect and the new billing cycle date is on the 28th of each month.
15. What will happen to the existing data, talktime, and SMS that I have carried forward?
Don’t worry, they will all be carried forward from your current plan to the new plan!
16. How many times can I request for a change of BLACK plan?
You can request a change of plan ONCE (1) every billing cycle. If a request has already been proceeded, the subsequent request can only be requested upon the completion of the billing cycle.
17. How can I upgrade from ONEXOX Prepaid or WAWA Prepaid to BLACK?
You can upgrade to BLACK via BLACK App or XOX Self Care.
You also upgrade by sending the command code to 22111 or 23388. Please refer to the table below.
Before changing plan, please ensure that you have enough credit in your account as pre-payment will be deducted from your balance.
18. How long does it take to upgrade from Prepaid plans to BLACK plans?
The upgrade will be within 24 hours! You may experience some disruption during the upgrading process but please be patient with us.
19. What happens to my leftover data, talktime, and SMS in my Prepaid account if I switch to BLACK?
All your leftover quota will be transferred to your BLACK account. Please note that the limit for data to be carried forward is 100GB.
20. What happens to the credit in my Prepaid account if I switch to BLACK?
Don’t worry, all remaining credit will be transferred to your BLACK account!
21. Can I use my balance/credit in my Prepaid account as a pre-payment for my BLACK plan?
Yes, you may use the credit to make the pre-payment to upgrade to a BLACK plan.
22. Can I switch from BLACK to ONEXOX Prepaid?
Yes, you can! You can make the switch through the following channels:
a. BLACK App
c. XOX Customer Service – Call 12273
23. Can I switch from BLACK to WAWA Prepaid?
Unfortunately, this is unavailable at the moment. Don’t worry, this feature will be coming soon to you in the near future!
24. When can I switch from BLACK to ONEXOX Prepaid?
You can switch from BLACK to ONEXOX Prepaid at any time except on the day of your billing cycle and three (3) days after your billing cycle. You can send in your request to switch from BLACK to ONEXOX Prepaid again three (3) days after your billing cycle.
For example, your billing cycle is on the 20th January 2022. You will be unable to change to ONEXOX Prepaid from 20th – 23rd January 2022. You can try again on 24th January 2022.
25. Can I still carry forward my data, talktime, and SMS when I switch to ONEXOX Prepaid or WAWA Prepaid?
Unfortunately, you will have to bid farewell to your data, talktime, and SMS. So, you might want to stay with your BLACK plan! However, if you still wish to proceed with the change to Prepaid, remember to clear off any outstanding payment.
BLACK BILL PAYMENT
26. Where can I pay my BLACK bill?
There are a few platforms for you to pay your BLACK bill:
a. BLACK App
c. XOX FAST
e. Purchase Reload Vouchers & Pay via 22111, 23388, or Dial *150#
f. Authorized BLACK Dealer
27. When do I need to pay my BLACK bill?
Payments need to be made ONE (1) day before your plan refreshes to the next billing cycle.
28. When will I receive my BLACK bill?
You will receive your BLACK Bill Statement at the end of your billing cycle each month. If you signed up on the 10th of the month, you would receive your statement on the 10th of the following months.
29. Are there any SST charges for BLACK?
Yes, a 6% SST will be charged to your bill at the end of your billing cycle.
30. What is advance payment?
An advance payment is charged when you newly registered, port-in (MNP), or requested for a change of plan – in which the amount would be used to offset your first month’s bill. The advance payment is the equivalent of your new plan’s monthly fee.
31. I paid extra as pre-payment or payment for bill. What will happen to the over-payment?
It will be carried forward and reflected in your next BLACK Bill Statement. Any additional payments made will be carried forward and reflected in your BLACK Bill Statement as negative amount due.
For example, if a BLACK Subscriber subscribes to B10 and made a pre-payment of RM20, the additional RM10 will be reflected in their next BLACK Bill Statement as long as they did not use the RM10 in their current month.
32. If I make a pre-payment for 12 months, will I receive the total quota for 12 months at one go?
For all BLACK plans, the quotas (data, talktime, SMS) are credited on a monthly basis based on your monthly renewal cycle. Even if you made a pre-payment for a total of 12 months, you will only receive the total quota for ONE (1) month at once.
33. Can I share my quota to other XOX Mobile Subscribers?
Yes, you may as long as your account is active. You may share ONCE (1) a day for SMS and THRICE (3) a day for data and talktime to both ONEXOX Prepaid and ONEXOX BLACK Subscribers.
34. Where and how can I do the sharing?
You may share via BLACK App or XOX Self Care. You may also share via SMS or the Easy Menu.
*There will be a RM0.50 charge each time you share data, talktime, or SMS.
35. Is there a limit on how much data, talktime, or SMS I can share?
For minutes, you can share as much as you want each time. On the other hand, you may share up to 50 SMS and up to 10GB for data each time.
36. Can I use my BLACK data for hotspot?
Yes, most definitely. Sharing is caring!
37. I used up all my quota. What should I do?
Fret not! We have a whole range of Season Pass for you. Check them out right here or on BLACK App.
You can also purchase data add-on via:
a. SMS – Send Command Code to 23388
b. USSD Easy Menu – Dial *150# > 3 > 2
Below are our pay-per-use rates for talktime and SMS:
Other than that, you can keep an eye out for our Happy Hour promotions that takes place on selected days. Visit ONEXOX Facebook page for more info!
38. Can I make international calls with my BLACK plan?
Yes, you can! However, calls made to overseas will not use the minutes from your BLACK account; it will be subjected to our International Direct Dialling (IDD) rates, which you may refer to here.
39. What does credit extension mean?
Credit extension is an advance credit that is allocated to BLACK Subscribers for the use of our services.
40. Does BLACK have credit extension?
Yes. Credit extension will be available for all BLACK Subscribers from 3rd January 2019 onwards.
However, for new sign ups, port-in (MNP), and upgrade from ONEXOX Prepaid to B39PLUS50 and B149, Subscribers for these two plans will not be entitled to credit extension effective 28th June 2019.
For existing BLACK Subscribers who change their plan to B39PLUS50 and B149, they can still enjoy the credit limit.
41. What can I use the credit extension for?
You can utilize the credit extension for pay-per-use calls and SMS, purchase of Season Pass, Happy Hour and add-ons, and share data, talktime, and/or SMS, as well as premium content.
42. What happens if I use up my monthly credit extension?
You will have to make payment to settle the bill in order to continue enjoying our services.
43. How do I maintain the full amount of credit extension in my account each month?
All you have to do is pay your monthly bill on time! It’s that easy.
44. Can I request for additional credit extension?
Your wish is our command and it’s FOC too! Call us at 12273 to request for additional credit extension.
45. If I always pay my bills on time, what status would my account be?
Your account status would be Active if you always pay your bills on time.
46. What happens if I don’t pay my bill after my payment due date?
If you fail to pay your bills after your payment due date, you are still allowed to make your overdue payment and continue utilizing the data, calls, and/or SMS in your account or shared to you by other XOX Subscribers. However, do remember to pay your bills on time to ensure uninterrupted service.
47. What happens if I don’t pay my bill 30 days after my payment due date?
Your account would be barred, which means you will only be able to receive incoming calls and SMS. You will not be able to utilize any data, calls, and/or SMS in your account or shared to you by other XOX Subscribers.
48. What happens if I don’t pay my bill 60 days after my payment due date?
Your account would be blocked, which means you will not be able to use data and make any outgoing calls or receive any incoming calls and SMS.
49. What happens if I don’t pay my bill 90 days after my payment due date?
Your account would be automatically terminated. You would not be able to retrieve any of your credit extension, data, talktime, and SMS.
The BLACK Bill Statement will be sent to the Subscriber 30 days before the payment due date. Referring to the BLACK Bill Statement above as an example, Subscriber received the BLACK Bill Statement on 19/10/2022 and is encouraged to pay before the payment due date, 19/11/2022.
Please refer to the table below for the situations and consequences if Subscriber fails to pay the complete bill 30, 60, or 90 days after the payment due date. This also applies to Subscribers who do not pay the complete bill.
50. If I paid half of my bill before the payment due date, will my account be barred, blocked, or terminated?
Yes, you must pay the complete bill before the payment due date to ensure that your account does not become barred, blocked, or terminated.
As an example, if you only paid half of your bill and it has been 60 days after your payment due date, your account will be blocked. You will not be able to use data and make any outgoing calls or receive any incoming calls and SMS.
51. My account is barred/blocked. What should I do?
Head over to BLACK App, XOX Self Care, or XOX FAST to pay your bills.
52. Help! The problem I’m experiencing isn’t in the FAQ.
We are sorry to hear that. Please reach out to us at the following channels below for further assistance:
a. Drop us a message on our ONEXOX Facebook page
b. Call 12273 if you are an existing XOX Subscriber
c. Call 1300 888 010 if you are calling from a non-XOX Mobile number.
d. Call +603 7800 0033 if you are calling from overseas.
Last Updated on 9th February 2023