Need help with our mobile operator products and services?
Get instant answers to your questions!
ONEXOX 5G TRIAL PROGRAM
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. What is 5G?
5G is the fifth generation of technology for mobile networks, succeeding 4G. You will enjoy improved connectivity and online experience while using 5G services.
2. What is the WOW factor about 5G?
With the long-awaited 5G, you will get to enjoy:
· Multi-Gbps peak connection speeds
· Smoother and higher availability of connection
· Larger network capacity
· Lower latency and delay
· A more consistent and stable user experience
3. What is ONEXOX 5G Trial Program?
ONEXOX 5G Trial Program is a pilot test that allows selected users to try experience ONEXOX 5G services for FREE in certain areas throughout Malaysia.
The Program will be available for selected Subscribers with limited period only.
4. When will the ONEXOX 5G Trial Program be available?
ONEXOX 5G Trial Program will be available starting on 3rd February 2023 until further notice.
5. How do I know if I am eligible to be part of the ONEXOX 5G Trial Program?
Since it’s a trial program, XOX will send an SMS notification to selected and eligible Subscribers to join our 5G trial program for free!
6. What’s next after receiving the SMS notification from XOX?
Upon receiving the SMS notification on successful provisioning, you will be able to use 5G services automatically.
7. Why am I unable to activate 5G although I have received SMS from XOX?
Consider checking the following:
i. Ensure that your mobile device is compatible for 5G connection.
Check for compatible devices here: https://www.digital-nasional.com.my/interactive-map#map
ii. Activate VoLTE in your mobile device settings.
Check how to activate VoLTE here.
iii. Ensure that you are within the 5G coverage area.
iv. Check your mobile device settings & complete the following steps:
Go to Settings > Connection > Mobile Networks > Network Mode > Select 5G/LTE/3G/2G (Auto Connect)
Remember, you can only enjoy 5G services when you are within the 5G coverage area. You may refer to the 5G icon in your mobile device’s status bar to check if you are in a 5G enabled area.
8. Where are the 5G coverage areas?
Feel free to check it out here: https://www.digital-nasional.com.my/interactive-map#map
9. Can I still revert to 4G?
Of course! If you wish to revert to 4G, follow the steps below:
Go to Settings > Connection > Mobile Networks > Network Mode > Select LTE/3G/2G (Auto Connect)
10. Will 5G services consume my data quota faster?
Data consumption will depend on your personal usage and the content you are browsing. Do keep in mind that ONEXOX 5G Trial Program is meant to provide usage for mobile services only. In case of default, XOX has a right to immediately stop the 5G services provided.
11. When will 5G become widely available nationwide?
Make sure to follow us on our journey at XOX Facebook and stay tune for more updates on 5G!
12. What will happen if I perform any SIM Replacement after my number has been provisioned?
If you perform any SIM Replacement activities after your number has been provisioned, the 5G services will be deprovisioned momentarily. Don’t worry, the 5G services will be resumed within 5 working days!
13. Will I be charged for using 5G services during the ONEXOX 5G Trial Program?
If you are part of our 5G trial program, you may enjoy 5G services completely free of charge within the trial period.
14. Will I be charged when the 5G trial period is over?
Don’t worry! You will be notified before any charges are imposed. XOX will keep you posted on the 5G updates, changes, and rates.
15. What should I do to continue using 5G services after the ONEXOX 5G Trial Program has ended?
A notification will be sent to you prior to the 5G trial program expiration, so that you will be informed of our new 5G plans.
Last Updated on 10th February 2023