Terms & Conditions for the usage of XOX MOBILE operator services and products
ONEXOX 5G TERMS & CONDITIONS
5G (“the Service”) is the fifth generation of technology for mobile networks, succeeding 4G. Subscribers will enjoy improved connectivity and online experience while using 5G service provided by XOX MOBILE.
1. The Service made available to the Subscriber by XOX MOBILE upon provisioning of 5G is subject to these terms and conditions of the Service. Upon the provisioning of 5G, Subscribers shall be deemed to have acknowledged, read, unconditionally accepted, and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions.
2. These terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) are to be read together with any other applicable policies governing the Subscriber’s use of the Service provided by XOX MOBILE.
3. The use of the Plan(s) and Service is subject to the General Terms & Conditions, Specific Terms & Conditions, XOX Fair Usage Policy and any other applicable terms and conditions and or policies, all available on the website at www.onexox.my and as may be modified from time to time by XOX MOBILE.
4. XOX MOBILE reserves the right to change, vary, amend and/or add portions of the terms and conditions from time to time with or without notice to the Subscriber and the Subscriber shall be bound by such changes, variations, amendments, and/or additions. Please visit www.onexox.my periodically to determine any changes, variations, amendments and/or additions made to these terms and conditions.
5. Where the terms and conditions are translated into a language other than the English language, in the event of any inconsistencies, conflicts, or discrepancies between the terms and conditions set out in the English Language version and that of the other language(s), the English Language version shall prevail.
PROVISION OF SERVICE
1. Subscribers agree and acknowledge that the quality and availability of Service may vary from place to place, and from time to time. XOX MOBILE does not represent and/or guarantee and/or warrant in any way that the Service will be free from any fault, error, or interruption. The Service is not fault free and may be affected by factors outside XOX MOBILE’s control, including but not limited to physical obstructions, geographic and atmospheric conditions, radio interference, governmental or regulatory authority and faults on other telecommunications systems connected to XOX MOBILE’s network. In spite of such events, Subscribers agree to pay all fees and charges which are outstanding and/or due and payable to XOX MOBILE under the Agreement.
2. The Service may from time to time require upgrading, modification, maintenance and/or other work, which may result in partial or complete non-availability of the Service.
3. XOX MOBILE does not guarantee or warrant the availability of the data usage and the Subscriber acknowledges and agrees that the data usage is provided on an “as is” basis.
4. To experience 5G speed, Subscribers must use a 5G compatible device and the data service is used in an area with 5G network. 5G service is currently being observed and limited to certain regions in Malaysia only.
5. XOX MOBILE may vary the technical specifications of the Service from time to time.
1. New Subscribers will receive an SMS notification from XOX MOBILE pertaining to the access of 5G service. Should the Subscriber be interested, the Subscriber is responsible to ensure that the mobile device in use is 5G compatible before opting in for 5G service by replying the command code, “5G ON” to 22777.
2. Existing Subscribers that are interested to access 5G service may send the command code, “5G ON” to 22777.
3. Upon 5G provisioning, Subscribers will get to experience; multi-Gbps peak connection speeds, better availability of connections, larger network capacity, lower latency, and more stable connectivity (subject to the 5G coverage area).
4. 5G service will utilize Subscribers’ mobile data. In the case where data balance has been used up, Subscribers may purchase data add-ons or data plan packages to continue enjoying 5G service.
5. 5G connection will provide Subscribers with high-speed data as well as higher quality audio and faster call connection.
6. 5G connection can be instantly activated by eligible Subscribers. Subscribers may activate 5G connection through the settings on their respective mobile devices:
a. iOS: Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data Options > Voice and Data > Turn on 5G.
b. Android: Settings > Connections > Mobile Networks > Turn on 5G.
7. 5G service will be valid and can be used as long as Subscribers’ accounts are active.
8. 5G service will be deprovisioned should Subscriber not have any active data in their Prepaid Plan sixty (60) days after the date of activation.
9. Subscribers may also turn off the 5G connection or revert to 4G any time in their respective mobile device settings.
10. 5G service will be deprovisioned should Subscriber undergo any SIM Replacement activity after the numbers have been provisioned. The 5G service will be resumed within five (5) working days upon successful SIM Replacement.
11. 5G service will be deprovisioned should Subscriber request for the termination or port-out of their XOX number.
MOBILE COVERAGE AND DEVICES
1. The coverage area of the network are essential considerations in 5G connection. In the event of any failure of actual or below the actual connection speed limit or any interruption, XOX MOBILE shall not be liable for such occurrences of service defects.
3. Subscribers are required to activate VoLTE in device settings to use 5G service. Check how to activate VoLTE here.
4. Subscribers must complete the following steps if 5G automatic provisioning is unsuccessful:
Go to Settings > Connection > Mobile Networks > Network Mode > Select 5G/LTE/3G/2G (Auto Connect)
5. Eligible Subscribers need to ensure that they are using 5G supposed devices for a successful 5G provisioning.
You may check the latest supported 5G devices here: https://www.digital-nasional.com.my
1. The Service is open to new Subscribers via new registration, MNP or COBP, with physical SIM or eSIM.
2. Subscribers must be at least eighteen (18) years of age to subscribe to any of the ONEXOX BLACK Plans including the FC Plans and ONEfamily Plan.
3. Subscribers must be at least sixteen (16) years of age to subscribe to MySISWA Plan.
4. Subscribers must be at least twelve (12) years of age to subscribe to ONEXOX Prepaid, TBG Prepaid, or WAWA Prepaid.
5. The Service is available for all new and existing Subscribers of XOX MOBILE.
6. Subscribers of Unlimited 35 and Pakej Perpaduan cannot enjoy the 5G speed as the speed cap for the plans are at 3Mbps.
7. Subscribers involved in the ONEXOX 5G Trial Program are eligible for the Service.
SUBSCRIPTION AND CHARGES
Upon 5G provision and activation, the 5G service is complimentary until further notice. Subscribers will be notified before any charges are imposed.
SUBSCRIBERS’ RESPONSIBILITIES AND OBLIGATIONS
1. In the use of the Service, Subscribers agree: -
a. To be responsible for the use of the Service and to accept full risks in doing so;
b. That XOX MOBILE shall not be liable to the Subscriber or any third party authorised or claiming on behalf of the Subscriber for any loss, damage, consequential or loss of business, expenses incurred, loss of revenue or profits suffered by the Subscriber and or injury caused or suffered by a person and or damage to property whether direct or indirect arising from or due to any act of omission, error, default, or delay by XOX MOBILE in relation to the Service provided;
c. To fully indemnify and keep XOX MOBILE indemnified at all times against all claims, losses, liabilities, demands, costs and expenses including legal fees which may result or which XOX MOBILE may sustain in connection with or arising from the provision of the service to the Subscriber;
d. That any renewal or extension by the Subscriber shall be made in the form as stated by XOX MOBILE and all such renewal requests shall be sent to the address provided in the Form and/or by fax to the number provided by XOX MOBILE and shall be deemed an original document taken together to constitute the Terms and Conditions. The Subscriber agrees to be bound by its facsimile signature and such facsimile received and acknowledged by XOX MOBILE shall be deemed accepted, binding on the Subscriber from the date of receipt and shall form part of the Agreement;
e. To be fully responsible for any voice or message or data transmitted by the Subscriber or persons using the Subscriber’s Device(s);
f. To comply with all applicable laws of Malaysia relating to the service, including without limitation to the Communication and Multimedia Act 1998, other acts, statutes, by laws, rules and regulations issued by relevant government and regulatory agencies which may be amended from time to time;
g. To take all reasonable steps to prevent fraudulent, improper, or illegal use of the service. The Subscriber agrees to report immediately to XOX MOBILE upon the discovery of any fraud, theft, loss or unauthorised usage or any occurrence of unlawful acts in relation to the Device and Service and agrees to lodge a police report whenever instructed by XOX MOBILE and to give XOX MOBILE a certified copy of such report. XOX MOBILE may extract any message details or personal information of the Subscriber, or any data provided by the Subscriber in the event such information is necessary in the event of a suspected and/or proven misuse of the Service;
h. For any excessive usage, or on suspicion of fraud, any illegal practice or unusual activity in respect of the Subscriber’s account with XOX MOBILE, XOX MOBILE at its sole and absolute discretion reserves the right at any time without being liable to the Subscriber or any third party to discontinue, disconnect, interrupt, bar or suspend the service for period of time as XOX MOBILE shall deem fit;
i. To comply with all instructions, notices or directions issued by XOX MOBILE; and
j. Where data service are provided under the Plan, to be bound by the Terms and Conditions and the Fair Usage Policy available on the website at www.onexox.my and may be modified from time to time by XOX MOBILE.
2. Subscribers agree not to use or allow any part of the Service to be used: -
a. To advertise, transmit, store, post, display or otherwise make available materials which may be defamatory, offensive, indecent or illegal or improper or otherwise violate any applicable laws;
b. To advertise, transmit, post, facilitate or solicit any Content, product or service that contains harmful, damaging or destructive program;
c. To disrupt or undermine the security of various networks and systems that are connected to the Service directly or otherwise;
d. To violate any party’s rights or affect other users’ enjoyment of access to any Service or cause annoyance, harassment, irritation, inconvenience or anxiety to anyone;
e. To infringe an individual’s privacy or personal rights;
f. To engage in any activity that XOX MOBILE determine to be harmful including but not limited to our customers, operations, reputation, goodwill or customer relations;
g. To be resold or otherwise be provided to third parties;
h. To be used for any activity which would generate Network traffic in excess of reasonable usage or cause congestion; and
i. To cause any disruption, interference, interruption or degradation in the Network or Service.
3. Subscribers agree to immediately report and confirm in writing on the loss, theft, damage of handset and/or SIM Card preventing your use of the Service.
4. Subscribers agree to comply with all reasonable requests by XOX MOBILE, or others on our behalf, particularly in relation to the investigation of fraud or other offenses or as required by law in legal proceedings.
5. XOX MOBILE reserves the absolute right to rescind any of the privileges accorded to the Subscriber under the Plan(s) or part thereof in the event the registered service is not in accordance with the stipulated eligibility criteria, or is not used in accordance with the Agreement, Plan, or if XOX MOBILE suspects any illegal usage or fraud including but not limited to the Service, or part thereof, including but not limiting to selling or reselling of the Service or part thereof without written consent by XOX MOBILE.
1. XOX MOBILE may from time-to-time change some or all of these Terms and Conditions, or to start charging for all or part of the service (or for any new aspect of the service) or to modify or discontinue (temporarily or permanently) the service. You will be notified of any such changes as soon as is practicable prior to any changes or modifications. You do not have to accept such changes, but if you do not then you and/or shall be entitled to terminate this agreement and you will cease receiving the service.
2. You agree that XOX MOBILE shall not be liable to you or any third party for any such change, modification or discontinuance of the service.
3. You agree that XOX MOBILE may modify and amend this terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.
You agree to indemnity and hold XOX MOBILE, its related and affiliated corporations harmless against any costs, claims, demands, actions proceedings, judgements, expenses, losses, and liabilities of whatsoever nature incurred or suffered by, or brought, made, or recovered against XOX MOBILE, its related and affiliated corporations arising out of or in connection with your (a) use of the service; and/or (b) breach of these terms and conditions by you.
TERMINATION AND SUSPENSION
XOX MOBILE reserves the right to cancel, withdraw, terminate, or suspend the service for any reason whatsoever at its sole discretion without notice to you. You agree that XOX MOBILE shall not be liable to you or to any other party for such cancellation, withdrawal, termination, or suspension.
In the event where any term or conditions detailed herein is found unenforceable or invalid for any reason, such term(s) or condition(s) shall be severable from the remaining terms and conditions. The remaining terms and conditions shall remain enforceable and applicable.
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
These terms and conditions are subject to interpretation in accordance with the laws of Malaysia. Where any claims, proceedings, actions, lawsuits, or disputes arising or in connection with this Agreement is to be commenced or adjudicated in the High Court of Malaya, the parties agree that it shall be adjudicated in the High Court in Kuala Lumpur, Petaling Jaya, Shah Alam or Putrajaya, Malaysia, as the case may be.
OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. XOX MOBILE reserves the right to cancel, withdraw, terminate, or suspend the Service for any reason whatsoever at its sole discretion without notice to you. You agree that XOX MOBILE shall not be liable to you or to any other party for such cancellation, withdrawal, termination, or suspension.
2. These terms and conditions are subject to interpretation in accordance with the laws of Malaysia. Where any claims, proceedings, actions, suits, or disputes arising or in connection with this Agreement is to be commenced or adjudicated in the High Court of Malaya, the parties agree that it shall be adjudicated in the High Court in Kuala Lumpur, Petaling Jaya, Shah Alam, or Putrajaya (Malaysia), as the case may be.
3. These terms and conditions comprise the entire agreement between you and XOX MOBILE and supersede any prior agreements, arrangements or representations made by either party relating to the service.
4. In the event the terms or conditions detailed herein is found unenforceable or invalid for any reason, such term(s) or condition(s) shall be severable from the remaining terms and conditions. The remaining terms and conditions shall remain enforceable and applicable.
Last Updated on 3rd January 2024